Research Ethics Committee Administrator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for Research Ethics Committee Administrator vacant positions.
The Research Ethics Committee (REC) Administrator shall head the RC Secretariat and be responsible for its day-to-day administration and operations. He/she shall be responsible for coordinating research proposal/submissions and review. He shall be responsible to the Head of Research and innovation.
- Assist researchers with the document submission process to the Research Ethics Committee as per REC guidelines and SPOs.
- Screening of the application package for research ethics review by members
- General Administration (including management of REC revenue streams)
- Co-ordinating Protocol Review Process
- Co-ordinating REC Meetings
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating REC Activities
- Liaising with National Commission for Science and Technology (NCST) on research-related regulatory requirements
- Manage and screen review changes, and if acceptable, forward to REC chairperson and assigned members for final approval
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Ethics, Applied Ethics, Bioethics, Engineering Ethics, Organisational Ethics and Compliance, Business Ethics and Compliance
- At least four-years’ experience in research ethics and research management
- Impeccable knowledge of the research regulatory environment in Malawi
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound familiarity with university culture and context, including familiarity with a diverse range of university discipline and academic discourse; scholarly nature, research and creative activities.
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae with two traceable referees should be sent by Friday, 15th December, 2023 to email@example.com or The Registrar, MUBAS, P/Bag 303, Chichiri, Blantyre 3. Applicants should indicate the position applied for in the subject line of their emails.