Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Data Collection training Programme
MUBAS School of Science and Technology is inviting applications for Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Data Collection training programme.
Target Group: Data managers, librarians, and any data custodian or analyst.
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face, practical.
- An Introduction to Big Data and its processing paradigms
- How Google applies Big Data: indexed pages, real-time data feeds, sorting tools, knowledge graphs, literal and semantic search, and targeted advertising. Types of data and processing tasks (video, sensors, images, text, sounds)
- Data cataloguing and the importance of meta-data. 5. Data collection methods including automated techniques: pre-packaged data, pubic crowdsourcing, private sourcing, automated data collection such as web-scraping, web-crawling, using APIs.
- An introduction to machine learning techniques: classification and prediction
- Text analysis: word frequencies, sentiment analysis, optical character recognition workflow, topic modelling.
- Image analysis: object detection, facial recognition, boundary recognition, movement recognition.
- Sound analysis: classification, speech-to-text tools. 10. Ethical aspects of big data.
Course fee: MK320,000.00 per participant for 5 days. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials and two break refreshments.
Registration dates: 30th March to 5th May, 2023
Training Dates: 8th May to 12th May, 2023
Training Venue: ODeL training centre located at MUBAS REGISTRATION PROCESS
Register with firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and make payment to: Applied Sciences Projects Account Number: 1001043303, National Bank of Malawi; Chichiri; and send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries contact email@example.com or 0884 568 263,/firstname.lastname@example.org or 0991 247 701.