HEAD OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
The Head of Research and Innovation shall be responsible to the DVC for leading, promoting, encouraging and facilitating the advancement of knowledge, its dissemination, the commercialization of research and innovation products and services as well as overseeing all consultancy and outreach services undertaken by the University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Postgraduate Studies shall:
- Develop and review from time-to-time policies and guidelines for University’s research and dissemination, consultancy and outreach, innovation and intellectual property, and Internationalization including other appropriate instruments in line with the changing education environment which shall be approved by the Council from time to time.
- Develop vibrant research, consultancy, innovation and outreach activities in the University.
- Establish operational systems for ethical clearance, as well as their monitoring and evaluation tools for the University.
- Advise on relevant legal and governance issues relevant to research and consultancy including Intellectual Property Rights, and any other contractual requirements.
- Represent the interests of the University in contractual research and consultancy applications and reporting.
- Set standards for effective dissemination of high-quality research output such as preparing a list of journal outlets from time to time which shall be approved by the Senate.
- Promote the development of the University’s capability and capacity to deliver high-quality research output.
- Develop, prepare and capacitate staff through training on resource mobilization for research, consultancy, innovation and
- outreach activities on resource income generation.
- Develop effective and efficient research management systems in line with the University’s strategic plan.
- Develop fundraising strategies and capacitate staff and raise funds for research.
- Liaise between the University and funding agencies and broker strategic partnerships.
- Facilitate the development of the University’s research strategic plan.
- Promote research and innovation strategic partnerships between the University and relevant industries or business communities or organisations as well as local and international universities.
- License University technologies to third parties for the benefit of society.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a doctorate degree in a relevant
- field from an institution accredited or recognized
- under the National Council of Higher Education
- b. Three (3) years of experience in a management
- position in a higher education institution.
- c. Be in the currency of research.
TUNURE OF THE OFFICE
The successful candidate shall be offered a 3-year performance-based contract which may be renewed once.
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications together with their visions for the office applied for, Curriculum Vitae, and names and addresses
of three traceable referees to the undersigned. Shortlisting of candidates to undergo interviews will be based on the completeness and quality of the package of the documents to be submitted to the following address:
The Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
Private Bag 303
Electronic copies of the application should be sent to:
Applications should be in by 24th June 2022.