HEAD OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
The Head of Postgraduate Studies shall be responsible to the DVC for leading, promoting, encouraging and facilitating the advancement of knowledge, and its dissemination, as well as overseeing all consultancy and outreach services undertaken by the Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Postgraduate Studies shall:
- Develop and review from time-to-time policies, strategies, procedures, and rules for promoting academic standards in postgraduate studies.
- Ensure that postgraduate students are receiving adequate supervision, orientation, mentoring, assessment and research related communication.
- Liaise with the Head of Academic Quality Assurance on all matters affecting quality compliance.
- Oversee the development and implementation of postgraduate academic programmes and policies in liaison with Executive Deans of Schools.
- Promote adherence to quality improvement standards for the development and implementation of academic postgraduate programmes of the University.
- Market and mobilize resources for postgraduate programmes and students’ scholarships.
- Facilitate internal and external linkages for student placement and general partnership.
- Coordinating selection, admission, and assessment of postgraduate students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a doctorate degree in a relevant field from an institution accredited or recognized under the National Council of Higher Education Act.
- Three (3) years of experience in a management position in a higher education institution.
- Be in the currency of research.
TUNURE OF THE OFFICE
The successful candidate shall be offered a 3-year performance-based contract which may be renewed once.
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications together with their visions for the office applied for, Curriculum Vitae, and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the undersigned. Shortlisting of candidates to undergo interviews will be based on the completeness and quality of the package of the documents to be submitted to the following address:
The Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
Private Bag 303
Electronic copies of the application should be sent to:
Applications should be in by 24th June 2022.