HEAD OF INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY
The Head of ICT shall be responsible to the DVC in respect of the quality and standards of ICT infrastructure and software systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Head of the ICT shall:
- Lead the development and review of ICT policy, strategy, procedures and standards that are responsive to emerging technologies and changing needs and practices in higher education from time to time for approval by the Council.
- The Head of ICT shall be responsible for putting in place ICT systems, infrastructure and other accessories that are state-of-the-art befitting modern universities.
- Provide quality services and appropriate state-of-the-art ICT infrastructure and applications, with seamless and secure access that supports learning, teaching, research and administrative functions.
- Manage and monitor ICT service delivery and support benchmarked against best-practice service management guidelines.
- Capacitate from time to time University staff and students with knowledge and skills for utilizing ICT resources responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Provide cyber security of the University’s ICT systems and infrastructure including data.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field from an institution accredited or recognized under the National Council of Higher Education Act.
- Five (5) years of experience in a management position in a higher education institution.
TUNURE OF THE OFFICE
The successful candidate shall be offered a 3-year performance-based contract which may be renewed once.
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications together with their visions for the office applied for, Curriculum Vitae, and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the undersigned. Shortlisting of candidates to undergo interviews will be based on the completeness and quality of the package of the documents to be submitted to the following address:
The Malawi University of Business and Applied
Private Bag 303
Electronic copies of the application should be sent to:
Applications should be in by 24th June 2022