HEAD OF ACADEMIC QUALITY ASSURANCE
The Head of Academic Quality Assurance shall report to the VC in leading, promoting, encouraging and facilitating the development, implementation and monitoring of quality assurance systems of the University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop or review appropriate academic quality assurance and enhacement policy, strategies, procedures and rules for approval by Council through senate from time to time
- Lead in shaping the quality management framework and the academic regulatory framework to promote academic standars of the University awards and the quality of student academic experience across the university.
- Enforce effective and intergrated academic quality management processes and procedures compliance in schools, departments, centres directorates, institutes, units and any other organs across the university
- Lead in mantaining and working with quality assurance instruments, frameworks or related legal instruments from national and internatioanl accredation and professional bodies
- Provide guidance and direction on quality assurance matters to the University academic officers.
- Promote a culture of quality enhacement by being proactive, innovative and accomodating changes in the loacl and international hihger education sectors.
- Ensure that all affiliated institutions and partners with cademic quality management processes and procedures for teaching, research, innovation and outraech activities.
- Mobilize resources and monitor their effective and efficient utilization
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a docotorate degree in a relevant field from an institution accrediated or recognised under the National Council of Hihger Education Act
- Be at least a senior academic
- Have at least 3 years of relavent experience in an acdemic institution
TENURE OF THE OFFICE
The successful candiadte shall be offered a 3 year perfomance-based contract which may be renewed once
METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications together with their visions for the office applied for, Curriculum Vitae, and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the undersigned. Shortlisting of candidates to undergo interviews will be based on the completeness and quality of the package of the documents to be submitted to the following address:
The Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
Private Bag 303
Electronic copies of the application should be sent to:
Applications should be in by 24th June 2022.