Surveying Technician (1position)
Vacancy June 15, 2022
June 24, 2022 [ Receiving Applications Closed ]
The position is tenable in the Land Surveying Department.
- Maintaining an updated inventory of all survey equipment and requisites, records
- on stock and other reports on survey store operations.
- Checking that all the required surveying equipment are available and in good order before the commencement of the semester.
- Checking that survey equipment is in order before issuing it to students or members of staff.
- Providing safety of the surveying equipment at all times.
- Sharing the precautionary measures before use of any surveying equipment to both students and members of staff.
- Demonstrating the proper use of surveying equipment and techniques to students during practical/field sessions.
- Checking/verifying the survey equipment, making sure that they are in good condition when being returned back to stores.
- Liaising with lecturers and the Head of Department on the survey related requirements before semester commencement.
- Planning the practical sessions in conjunction with the lecturers before commencement of the semester.
- Supervising students in field data collection and processing.
- Supervising students on attachment as scheduled.
- Arranging for servicing and repairing of laboratory equipment whenever due.
- Taking stock of all equipment before and after lab session.
- Supporting students in their research work whenever assigne.
Qualifications & attributes
- Candidates should possess a minimum of Diploma in Land Surveying or its equivalent plus 3 years of relevant experience.
- Applicant should have knowledge of detecting problems with equipment and documenting of the same.
- Applicants should previous knowledge in terms of data downloading from the survey equipment and processing.
- Applicants should possess advanced knowledge and extensive familiarity with basis of surveying and the use of CAD and GIS software such as AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of computers, printers and plotters.
- Familiarity with general business software such as word processing, spread sheets, and databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae with three traceable referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be in by 24th June 2022.