Executive Deans: School of Education, Communication and Media Studies
Vacancy November 3, 2022
November 24, 2022 [ Receiving Applications Closed ]
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the strength of character to be effective within and beyond the school
- Demonstrable ability to manage complex change and engage staff through this process;
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to inspire and motivate staff;
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy;
- Ability to foster collaborative working internally and externally;
- Passionate about delivering an excellent student experience, incentivizing strong research publication, enterprise, and research impact;
- Effective School and University ambassador, with national, regional, and global networks;
- Firm commitment to achieving the University’s vision and implementing its Strategic Plan;
- Strong negotiation, advocacy, and conflict resolution skills.
- Holds himself /herself to high ethical and moral standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a doctorate degree in a relevant field from an institution accredited or recognized under the National Council for Higher Education Act.
- At least Five (5) years of experience in a management position in a higher education institution.
- A strong publication record and evidence of esteem in a professional context.
- Commitment to resource mobilization.
TENURE OF THE OFFICE
The Executive Dean shall be appointed for a term of three years. Subject to satisfactory performance, he/she may be eligible for re-app